Reproductive health issues can seriously impact people’s ability to work efficiently and happily. These may include issues affecting menstrual health, fertility, infertility, pregnancy, and menopause.
Our research has shown that many people do not have adequate awareness and understanding of reproductive health, or adequate access to support for their various reproductive health needs. This can impact their lives at work, which in turn can also impact their organisations and employers. Small and efficient changes in people’s working environment or structure – such as time off for hospital visits, flexibility to work from home, and/or emotional support – can have profound effects on wellbeing and productivity. However, since these topics are often taboo, many people continue to suffer in silence and may be misunderstood. Empowering employers and employees to understand the issues around reproductive health and key life stages will help support staff, improve organisational culture, and ultimately benefit everyone.
While some companies may offer fertility or menopause in the workplace packages, we provide unique expertise spanning the life course of reproductive health from multiple angles, including practical, emotional and ethical. We offer companies a range of educational and awareness-building packages to explore reproductive health issues at work and to foster supportive working environments. The main format of our package is in two phases.
Phase 1: Introduction to Reproductive Health at Work – two options:
- Reproductive Health at Work – what is it and why should we care? An Interactive Talk (60-90 mins) OR
- Reproductive Health at Work – what is it, why should we care, and how can you make a difference? An Interactive Workshop including working in small groups and brainstorming (2-3 hours)
Phase 2: Bespoke workshops to cover topics in more depth which can include:
1. Reproductive health: including the menstrual cycle; endometriosis; polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS); fertility
2. Infertility: including the causes of infertility, tests, treatments, outcomes
3. Pregnancy: including pregnancy management. miscarriage and reproductive loss; maternity, paternity and parental leave; returning to work and breastfeeding
4. Menopause: including what it is, symptoms, treatments and life post menopause
Our education is LGBTQ+ inclusive and considers the needs of all genders. All talks and workshops can be delivered in person (UK), online or in hybrid format. Reproductive health at work is key to mental health and general wellbeing, as well as comfort and satisfaction in the workplace, and we want to ensure that you can enrich your working environment through education, awareness-building, open conversations, and responsive policies.
We are now also offering this program in Greece in collaboration with Dr Mara Simopoulou.
You can call or email us for bookings or for further discussions:
Telephone: 07880 795791